Thursday, August 13, 2009

Recent Events

Recent events seem to point to my past catching up to me. I don't feel compelled to explain myself here, but certain discoveries made this past week have helped me realize that some things don't heal as easily as you might originally think. Intertwining lives and the many problems that fall suit make it nearly impossible to be neutral in a situation -- even if you've been under the assumption that you truly are separate. There's always something unexpected that comes along and throws off your consistency. It amazes me that you can unknowingly be setting yourself up for harm when your mind is in the right place. Did something happen along the way? Clearly, full transparency in any matter is risky. This truth seemingly suggests, or even supports, that honesty can be seen more easily in the gray and should rightfully be done so. Protecting oneself from harm is a reaction that would otherwise be constantly practiced, however, perhaps letting potential harm in could bring about significant outcomes. No one can say for sure. Newly made allies are good to have in any circumstance.

No comments: