Friday, January 22, 2010

"good schools, and friends with pools"



One of my friends will joke about making the phrase "baby bear" a common saying. From the way I understand it, calling something "baby bear" is saying that it's "just right" [a la Goldilocks and The 3 Bears]. Example: "This Lipton Green Tea is so baby bear right now! It hits the spot!"

I've been listening to Vampire Weekend's new album Contra for the past two weeks. It's great. It's baby bear. And I say that mostly because of one song in particular - "I Think Ur a Contra" - the song I assume the album is named after. I love this song. I really do. Could be my new favorite until something else rolls along, but for now I'm keeping it on repeat as I write this.

It totally reminds me of the time I spent at home over Christmas break, and separately, how I feel now - being in the dead of Indiana winter, wanting spring to get here ASAP.

Get here, April.

-B

No comments: