Tuesday, March 16, 2010

THE LATEST

Hello, blogoshere.

Looks like I'm one step closer to getting out west - to Los Angeles. Yesterday I heard back from my school's off-campus office, and I've been approved to spend my fall semester at the Los Angeles Film Studies Center - that's in LA, by the way. The next step in the process is to apply to LAFSC and get approved.

Meanwhile, spring semester rages on. Horsemanship class tonight was more tolerable - and significantly warmer. The final remains of winter's snow melted this weekend with the rain. People are wearing shorts and sandals, and I catch myself taken back each time I notice them.

The advent of spring-like rain (it's technically still winter until next week) also brings about the promise of midterm exams with spring break on the horizon. I have an exam in my web design class tomorrow. I better fresh up on my CSS terminology before 11:00am.

And in 1.5 weeks I'll be in Warsaw, Poland for spring break. I hear the beaches are gnarly there. Here's a sample of a conversation I had today:

"Hey, do you have any spring break plans?"
"I do, actually," I reply casually. "I'm going to visit Auschwitz ... and work with orphans."
"Oh, that's ... cool."
"Where are you going?"
"CABO!!"

-B

No comments: