Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"I would so rather be in prison."

My feelings exactly.

I guess I need to explain the title before you get scared off by an unexplained "Office" quote. The truth is I have a Dunder Mifflin, Inc motivational quotes calendar above my desk that echoes this blog's title. The speaker is none other than Kevin, the initiative sales representative. His facial expression looking down upon me makes me feel uneasy; however my summer thus far echoes his quote, "I would so rather be in prison".

Hi, my name is Brent and I'm a 20 year old college student living in the United States. This fall I'll be entering my sophomore year -- no longer an inexperienced freshman. Woot. Anyways, I decided to make a blog separate from my Facebook account and MySpace page for the sole reason of getting away from the teen-scene and all the distractions that come with it. I love to write, and that sadly is something no one appears to appreciate on most online social networks.

Let's move a step back -- just for kicks and giggles. Like I alluded to, my summer has been very ho-hum so far. The most significant achievements I've made as of today have all involved my humble clan of warriors in Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (a video game for the Nintendo DS system). That sadly explains a lot about me -- I'm a part-time gamer. I've been a faithful Nintendo loyalist since age 8; however that's a (lengthy) topic for another day. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Donkey Kong -- names by which I live by.

I seem to be having a hard time staying on task with my first blog....where was I? Oh yes -- my totally boring summer.

When summer rolls around I'm practically bound to my house 24/7. My 12 year old sister has more social activities on her agenda in a single week than I have in a whole summer. Sleep-overs, movies, pool parties, theme parks -- you name it, the girl's done it. However, while she prances around our suburban playground, I'm here at home uploading videos on Youtube and trying to persuade subscribers in order to give me a short-lived feeling of accomplishment. But be assumed, this isn't the place where I will try to promote my channel over there on the 'Tubes. But you can probably expect to find the URL link somewhere on this page...

I'm calling this blog the Post-it Note Post because I use post-it notes for just about everything -- mainly for ideas that pop into my head. Besides, the name sounds original.

Well, that's all I got. Like many of you, I got places to go and places to see.

1 comment:

Rosequirk2789 said...

Haha, I use post-its for everything too. My desk at college is always covered in them.

Oh, and much like you most of my summer has consisted of not doing much of anything as well.