Friday, April 10, 2009

Just saw "Slumdog" and got that fuzzy feeling

You've probably heard about it enough by now, but let me reiterate. Yes, "Slumdog Millionaire" is an above average movie. All the praise and hype you've heard about it is true. I'll give it two thumbs up and a high recommendation -- not that my opinion is worth much, but you get the idea.

Let me tell you -- it's so refreshing to see a movie that isn't some type of remake/superhero flick/teenage novel adaptation these days (Star Trek, Wolverine, Twilight -- I'm giving you the stare-down).

See this? This is good filmmaking. Every movie needs to have this shot.
.

But this just looks awkward. Either kill her or make out.


And unless it's these guys, I don't want to see it.


I guess in the end all I'm wanting is an authentic good story. I really do want to watch a movie and get that fuzzy feeling every time -- the kind of feeling you get when Sam shuts the door of his hobbit hole after saying "Well, I'm back."

But money talks and good films walk -- that's what I always say (And what exactly does that mean? I don't really know, but it sounded kinda witty). There's always going to be loads of high-budget films that are simply eye candy and will have you exiting the theater wanting to team up with Optimus Prime or something, but for me that doesn't cut it anymore. I've seen enough explosions and broken concrete in films and would prefer too see a good plot line instead.

No comments: