Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Naturally Modern (via the picture below)

Here's the best part of my day...

A fairly attractive girl in her early twenties asked me today in the Fossil store if I could get a watch out of the case for her. I could tell she was very embarrassed when I told her I didn't work there. Her mom was with her and she proceeded to say that I'd "fit the job perfectly" and that I should "be an employee".


I guess I kinda look like this guy?

I could tell that the girl felt like a moron. She apologized and blushed and hurried off with her mother to find a real employee. Only after did I realize I should have thanked her -- her embarrassment happened to be the most encouraging moment of the day. Apparently I could/should work at Fossil and sport blazers and graphic tees all day. I find this amusing because I applied to work there a couple years ago (with two of my friends as references) only to get shot down.

Yes, it's a lame story. Not much happens to me over the summer, so I consider this noteworthy.

-Brent

No comments: